Modafinil is well known as nootropic. It is a smart medication that helps the cognitive function of human in different ways. There are numerous smart medications in the market but Modafinil stands on its own due to some reasons:
- It cannot be referred to as a stimulant. Even though it works like stimulant, but actually function as an alertness promoting agent. It does not work the way other stimulants used to do.
- It is not habit-forming. Conversely, Modafinil enhances the people to flush addictions.
- It is very safe and with little or no side effects.
- It is highly effective. Have you ever watched the movie titled “Limitless” with Bradley Cooper”? It is basically on Modafinil. This medication offers one with superhuman mental processing without any adverse effect.
Effects of Modafinil on your brain
Contrary to some other smart drugs in the market, Modafinil has a proven deal to support its effect and some of them are stated below.
- It has been proven to boost your resistance to tiredness and make your mood better.
- It has also been proven by healthy adults that Modafinil boosts the levels of tiredness, motive, time of reaction and alertness.
- It even improves the function of the brain.
- According to a research that was published by the University of Cambridge, it has been discovered that Modafinil is highly function well in minimizing the rate of response of impulse.
- Some other evidence also proven that Modafinil had assisted people that has lower IQ in the sense that after some years of taking this medication the IQ level was improved.
How safe is Modafinil?
Some people believe that Modafinil is not habit-promoting but rather possesses a risk of abuse. Meanwhile, there are some people that usually use it in order to be watchful for too long. Based on statistics, it is about 5 out of a million people that experience too rare condition called Sevens-Johnson Syndrome (SJS). This is the situation whereby people with hereditary susceptibility can spring up a very unsafe life-threatening roseola. Most often, SJS is activated by antibiotics which are followed by analgesics, cough and cold drug, NSAIDs, psycho epileptics as well as antigout medications. Also, Modafinil, cocaine and phenytoin can as well actuate it as well.
Despite that the risk is very low, yet you mint prefer genetic test prior using any of the drugs mentioned above including Modafinil. In case you are having any of the SNPs, your risk may increase. In order to have least risk, there are many drugs that you must stay away from including that of some basic antibiotics and Modafinil.
Such drugs include:
How to take Modafinil
To majority of healthy people, 30 to 50 mg will be too much to take. Its effect lasts for about 6 to 8 hours and must be taken in the morning. Therefore, Modafinil must not be taken based on your own discretion. It must be taken base on doctor’s prescription. Just talk to your doctor concerning it. There are many places where you can get Modafinil online but do not just go directly and make purchase without your physician prescription because it is too dangerous to your health.
Top 4 questions that doctors ask before taking Modafinil
- Are you having an allergy to Modafinil or armodafinil? In case you are allergic to any medications, foods, other substances or other drugs, let your doctor know about it. Tell him/her the kind of symptoms you are having. Is it rash, itching, hives, short breath, cough, wheezing, face swollen, tongue, lips or throat or any other symptoms not mentioned here, then let your doctor know how you are feeling.
- Have you ever experienced rashes when taking a drug like this?
- Do you have cardiovascular problems?
- Do you have heart valve issues?
Let your doctor or pharmacists aware of all your medications you are using. Do not hide your OTC but rather inform him/her about your prescribed ones including natural products and vitamins. Examine and ensure that it is ideal for you to use Modafinil with all your drugs and any of your health problems. Do not just start the drug or stop or change your dosage without double-check with your doctor.
What must be done when taking Modafinil
- Inform your health care providers that you take Modafinil. Your health care providers include dentists, pharmacists, nurses and doctors.
- When you are on Modafinil, stay away from driving or other tasks or other actions that require alertness until you know the effectiveness of the drug you use on you.
- When you are taking this medication on long term, it could be addictive.
- However, if you stop taking it suddenly, you can easily experience symptoms of withdrawal. If you are seeing any bad side effects, inform your doctor immediately.
- Ensure that you check your blood pressure always and inform your doctor.
- You may go for heart test before starting this medication.
- Stay away from alcohol hen you are on Modafinil.
- Reduce your caffeine and chocolate intake. By taking them with Modafinil could result to shakiness, quick rate of heart beat and nervousness.
- Those that are 65 and above must be careful when taking this medication because they may likely experience more side effects.
Finally, all drugs may have side effects but some people do not experience any side effects at all. Yet, it is very important to notify your doctor in case you are having any symptoms of side effects. Seek medical help immediately.
Author: Helen Parker